Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A sigh of relief

  As of yesterday my dad has completed chemotherapy! YAY! I can't begin to express just how happy and excited I am that my dad has reached such an important and crucial step in his journey to a healthier him. This entire process has been heartbreaking and stressful, oh so stressful. I lost count of the amount of days that I had to hide and cry because I didn't want my dad to see me break down. I lost count of the amount of times that I wanted to pull my hair out because I couldn't handle the pressure, I lost count of the amount of times I was and frankly I still am terrified. I'm afraid that his scan next month is going to show that the cancer is back. I'm terrified that the 40% chance of it coming back comes true. Seeing my dad go through something so scary and....heartbreaking. That's the only way I can express this horrible situation, because that's what this is. This is completely heartbreaking. From the moment I heard the world cancer I knew things would never be the same again I knew that from that moment on that my dad's life and are time with him was uncertain, from that moment on I held me breath and for the first time in a long time I can finally breath. I know that my dad's battle is far from over and that he'll always be categorized as a cancer patient but someday I hope and pray that he'll also carry the remission label.

                                            Isamar

No comments:

Post a Comment