Saturday, October 12, 2013

Someday

Death, no one likes to think about it but unfortunately, it’s something we will all at some point in our lives have to face personally. I must admit I am terrified of death, don’t know why I just am, and as we all know fear is irrational. However, the one thing that scares me more than me dying is someone I love passing away. Death will come, and that is the one thing anyone can be sure of. Losing someone you love is beyond heartbreaking it’s devastating its life altering. No one can plan for it, when it happens it will be from left field. Even if by some chance, you plan for it when it finally happens, that preparation will mean nothing. Death never gives you a timeline of how many days, hours, and minuets you have left. Death doesn’t discriminate it accepts everyone; death is the only equalizer in life. I personally do not like seeing someone after they have passed, seeing them lay there lifeless, motionless, and cold, I don’t want that being the last memory of someone I love. That’s not how I want to remember anyone by. When someone passes I want to remember the good times, I want to remember their laughter their smile the way their eyes looked when they were happy I want to remember the way they made me feel. I want to remember the person, the spirit, not the empty shell that’s left behind. Death is the one thing that will alter us beyond what anything else in our lives can. Death comes and goes daily, but we can’t spend our lives waiting for it. We have to live our lives, we have to get mad, irritated, aggravated, and annoyed, love, hug, embrace, laugh, kiss, let people know you love them, don’t hold back, enjoy life. Someday all those things we did will be memories of who we were to our loved ones. Live life now, don’t wait for the end to start.                

                                     
                                   Isamar

No comments:

Post a Comment