Thursday, September 20, 2012

Tattoos

How many of you have tattoos?  My guess quiet a few.  I personally love and have a tattoo (more to come). My siblings and friends have some as well. They are an expression of who we are. Tattoos can symbolize family, obstacles a person has over come, love, and in memory of a loved one that has passed. Tattoos are art. People put so much thought, effort and time into them after all they do last a lifetime. However there are people that don't like them and that's fine. But, just  because THEY DON'T LIKE THEM does not give them the right to judge people who do. How people choose to express themselves is their right NO-ONE, and I do mean NO-ONE has the right to tell someone that what they choose to do with their body is wrong. Nobody likes to be judged for their decisions, but when it's someone else doing something they don't like,  they feel they have the right to let it be known. When in reality they should keep their opinions to themselves, unless someone ask for their opinion. Someone once told me she read "It makes me laugh when people tell me I'm going to regret my tattoos when I'm older. Yeah, when my health is deteriorating, and I struggle to get around, I'm sure the first thought I'll have is "Damn, I wish I didn't have this tattoos that remind me of the good days." If I'm lucky enough to get to an age where my tattoos are all wrinkled, then I'll be the happiest tattooed person ever. My life is my story and my body is my canvas and my body is where I choose to write my story. So respect me and my decisions as well as all other's with tattoos. I don't judge you because you don't have tattoos, so don't judge myself and others because we do. 
                   Isamar :)

My tattoo in loving memory of my beautiful niece Melody. Please don't tell me I'll regret it because I WILL NEVER regret having her walk with me through life.


No comments:

Post a Comment