Saturday, November 3, 2012

Can I have a hug?

Hug anyone you can, you know unless you're a student at Adam Road Primary School in Australia. That's right an Australian school has banned hugging due to excessive amount of hugging that has led to injuries and class disruptions. Can you believe that? I understand that most schools have a no PDA (Public Display of Affection) rule but hugging has never been  necessarly considered part of that rule. If your kissing or touching each other inappropriately than yes, but a simple hug? A hug can change a persons day it's something so simple but it can make a person feel better if they are having a crappy day. I for one think hugging is not a big deal it is not inappropriately and it certainly is not a big offence to were a child has to be given detention for hugging a friend. Don't get me wrong some rules are needed to keep everyone from complete chaos but too many rules make people want to do the opposite. Schools want their students to get along and be kind to one another and be friendly, but when you take hugging away from them which just happens to be the most common form of showing, friendship and kindness,what's left? Handshaking? Handshaking gives people the opposite affect of hugging (at least to me) when I shake someones hand it's because I don't feel comfortable around them and I close myself off and keep the conversation short. Maybe I'm being biased but lets be honest everyone hugs it's no big deal and hugging makes you happy, and when you're happy you spread that happiness around and you have a better day. I think the school should reconsider baning hugging and if they don't I hope they inforce it with everyone including teachers, the principal, administrators,etc because kids follow what they see and if the adults that made this decision don't follow they're own rule don't expect the kids to either remember "Practice what you Preach". By the way did you know that there is a National Hugging Day? Well you do now it's January 21st.

                                                  Isamar

                                                     


                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment